Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Not What I Was Expecting from Frankenstein

"I had worked hard for nearly two years, for the sole purpose of infusing life into an inanimate body...now that I had finished, the beauty of the dream vanished, and breathless horror and disgust filled my heart" (35).

Before we began reading the book, we discussed in class all of the ideas we had about Frankenstein. So far, this book has not at all been what I expected. The creation scene had been dramatized from what the book portrayed, making it much more appropriate for the movies. Instead of a mad scientist cackling over his creation, Frankenstein is actually terrified of his creation and thinks it to be evil. The creature itself is quite intelligent and is able to speak eloquently. Since the book has differed so much from my previous notions, I am curious to see what role the creature will play. I still doubt that the creature murdered William, but given his past experiences, that is possible. I am most interested to see how Victor will deal with this creature that he is convinced is evil and a murderer.

No comments:

Post a Comment